Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about burning your waste oil? Find the answer here.
- How much waste oil must I generate per year to make buying a waste oil
furnace or boiler a practical decision?
- The average minimum volume of waste oil you must generate annually
is between 500 and 700 gallons. You can also burn #2 fuel oil if you
run short of waste oil.
- Doesn't a waste oil furnace produce black, sooty smoke and pollute
- Absolutely not. A Clean Burn furnace burns as cleanly as a #2 fuel-oil
furnace. In fact, a Clean Burn furnace is designed to burn #2 fuel oil
in addition to waste oil.
- Won't various viscosities of crankcase or transmission oil affect
the combustion efficiency of my furnace?
- No. Our state-of-the-art burners are designed to accommodate a range
of oil viscosities, from 10w to 50w.
- How often will I have to clean the ash from inside the
- Expect to clean your Clean Burn furnace every 1000 hours of operation,
on average. Cleaning your furnace is a safe and easy procedure, which
takes only about 30 minutes.
- Are Clean Burn furnaces backed by any kind of warranty?
- Yes. We provide a 10-year limited warranty on the combustion chamber
and heat exchanger, and a one-year warranty on all burner parts. Clean
Burn's warranty is one of the most comprehensive in the industry.
- What's the average length of time for payback on a waste oil furnace?
And, will I ever really enjoy FREE heat?
- Depending on average temperatures in your region, you'll enjoy an
18 to 24 month ROI. And, yes, free heat is your reward for a smart business
- What is "cradle-to-grave" liability and how can it affect
the way I dispose of waste oil?
- The federal government holds you directly and irrevocably responsible
for pollution management, clean-up and disposal control of waste oil.
Simply put, the liability for waste oil exists until it is burned (i.e.
- Isn't it more convenient and less troublesome for me to contract
with a hauler or refiner to transport my waste oil?
- It may be easy for you to pay a hauler to pick up and dispose of your
waste oil. But in doing so, you are giving away valuable fuel which could
be waste for free heat generated by your Clean Burn Heating System.
- Is there any way to duct a waste oil furnace?
- Yes, Clean Burn furnaces can be ducted, and are UL approved for this
- Who can I rely on for after-sale service and parts support?
- That's easy. Your Clean Burn distributor. Our distributors are the
most knowledgeable, trained and reliable you'll find in the industry.